Monday, June 21, 2010

poor old cat, poor slob, poor slob without a name

There are two types of people in this world. "Cat People" and "Dog People". But is that really true? I have always considered myself a "Dog Person". Except I have come to reality that I will probably never have a dog, I can't deal with the fur. I hate to say this, but I think I'm a closet "Cat Person".

Fate thinks so too...

1. Hello Kitty
I have yet to outgrow my love for this simple feline. I adore her, and I have been lured into more Sanrio products than I should admit. Here, I painted my nail white, let it dry and painted the face with a toothpick. Then added her little bow with a sticker from a pack of fake hello kitty nails I had previously bought...and wore.
2. Cat
Holly Golightly's cat in Breakfast at Tiffany's, perhaps the most memorable cat in Hollywood. My favorite movie, and favorite icon. As we can all recall, "we don't belong to each other, we just took up by the river one day". This nameless cat is so romantically squished in between the two.
3. Spring/Summer 2010 Miu Miu
My favorite, and one of the most beloved S/S collections of the season. A genius display of childlike patterns in a mix between innocence and glamour. I just loved this collection with my whole heart, when I visited the store in NYC, I honestly felt light headed.

7 comments:

  1. The hello kitty nail polish is adorable!
    and the miu miu collection is one of my favorites!

    http://eleanor-fashion-nerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some dogs have no fur.....just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. meaning it's hair and doesn't shed, not a furless dog. ew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love those Miu Miu prints soo much! :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! I've always though of myself as a dog-person, but I love Hello Kitty, and the Miu Miu collection... I'm so torn!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe cute nails! mmm miu miu <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post because I'm a cat person!! Those Miumiu prints have to be my favorite prints ever! xoxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete

You were darling to stop by, I could never have blogged without you ;)